Full Body Exoskeleton -
Make Progress With A Full-Body Exoskeleton - Now Available At Enable Exercise
If you or a loved one has a spinal cord injury, stroke or other neurological conditions and diseases that makes walking difficult (such as Brain Injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal Cord Injury, Cerebral Palsy, Stroke), it can be tough to know where to start. Our neuro physiotherapists and exercise physiologists at Enable Exercise understand and have experience with evaluating patients who have a wide range of conditions to determine if this cutting-edge technology is right for them. With our help, our clients are able to begin using this device to move forward with their rehabilitation.
EksoNR: In Action
How a Full-Body Exoskeleton Works
A full-body exoskeleton is an external robotic device that can be worn on the legs and hips to enable individuals who have difficulty walking, to help regain mobility. The technology allows users with lower limb paralysis or weakness to stand up and learn to walk again.
EksoNR, the exoskeleton available at Enable Exercise, is designed to provide support and stability while allowing for natural movement patterns. It also allows clients to receive real-time feedback on their gait and progress.
What You Can Expect from Enable Exercise’s
Full-Body Exoskeleton Therapy
- EksoNR is an overground robotic exoskeleton system that assists patients in gait training to improve walking function and independence.
- This technology allows clients to stand and walk with their full weight and provides adequate support to reduce the risk of falls and to improve balance.
- It also provides sensory feedback through its sensors and motors, promoting better body awareness and control.
- Through repetitive practice with the exoskeleton, clients can strengthen muscles and improve overall gait patterns.
- The EksoNR system is adaptable to each individual patient’s needs. It can be adjusted to accommodate different levels of physical ability, making it a versatile tool for various stages of rehabilitation.
- Use of the EksoNR can also increase cardiovascular health and overall fitness. Regular use of the device promotes healthy blood circulation and can lead to improvements in overall endurance.
- Over time, the EksoNR’s adaptive technology can potentially help patients achieve a more natural walking rhythm, aiding in the recovery process and quality of life.
- With the EksoNR system, real-time feedback is an integral part of the therapeutic journey. As the user navigates through their walking session, the device uses advanced sensors to monitor each step. This real-time data collection allows the device to adapt the level of assistance it provides, ensuring that the user’s motion is as natural and self-propelled as possible.
Vicki K, who is grappling with a spinal cord injury
Vicki K, who is grappling with a spinal cord injury, consistently attends clinic sessions, viewing them as a dedicated time for self-care. Having devoted considerable effort to her family and children over the years, Vicki now finds herself in a phase where her children have matured, affording her the opportunity to redirect her attention towards her personal well-being. This shift represents a significant chapter in her life where she can prioritize her health and focus on her own needs.
Julie O, who faced the challenges of a stroke
In the case of Julie O, who faced the challenges of a stroke, a transformative experience unfolded after just one session with the exoskeleton. Notably, she showed marked improvements in her walking, characterized by larger strides, enhanced balance, and a newfound sense of confidence. Julie’s ability to navigate ramps confidently without assistance highlighted the positive impact of the exoskeleton on her mobility and overall functionality.
Rach P, also struggling with a spinal cord injury
Rach P, also struggling with a spinal cord injury, shared insights into her experiences with various walking and gait training programs in the past. Notably, she expressed that the exoskeleton stands out as the closest representation to the memory of walking as she recalls. This testimony speaks to the effectiveness and reputation of the exoskeleton in providing a rehabilitation experience that aligns with Rach’s personal perception of normal walking.
The Most Researched Exoskeleton On The Market
The next generation eksoNR was developed on the basis of over 180 clinical research trials and publications globally
- While Enable Exercise has now made this available in Sydney, EksoNR has been used at over 400 rehabilitation centres worldwide and has documented more than 200 million steps taken by its users.
- With its advanced technology and ergonomic design, EksoNR enables a more efficient and physiological gait pattern, reducing energy expenditure for patients.
- It has been adopted by leading healthcare institutions and community day rehab centres in Asia Pacific, including Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Australia.
- To this date, 800 installations have been made in 30 countries including those in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia, and the number keeps growing.
- It boasts a wide range of elite clients, including renowned rehabilitation centers in the USA such as Shirley Ryan Ability Lab (formerly, Research Institute of Chicago), Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, TIRR Memorial Hermann, Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital, Good Shephard, Barrow Neurological Institute, Craig Hospital, and Burke Rehabilitation Hospital.
It has been amazing to see how quickly we can change and improve our clients gait pattern, speed and even their confidence. For our team, we are all quite excited about the changes we are making to our clients and their ability to stand and walk.
Founder, CEO Enable Exercise
Professionals Are Saying...
"This device has greatly improved our patient's outcomes while decreasing physical assistance required by staff members."
Duncan Monger, PT, DPT, CBIS
Regional One Health Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital
"Our reason for choosing to purchase the Ekso specifically was to meet the need of being a leader in NeuroRehabilitation."
Eric Yap, CEO
OhioHealth Rehabilitation Hospital
"We realized we had a lot of improvement using Ekso to perform gait training."
Dr. Molteni, Clinical Director
Center of Excellence Villa Beretta, Italy
*eksoNR is cleared by the FDA for use with patients with Stroke, SCL, MS, and Acquired Brain Injury. Refer to the full Indications for Use (IFU) formore details.